Saturday, October 17, 2009


I'm going to post a question meme, since I have no substantial content to share this week. It's been business as usual here at Chez Color Fest. Yarn, Halloween, fiber, fall, food, cats, lather, rinse, repeat.

1. Is there anybody you just wish would fall off the planet?
Yes. The list is very long. Bill O'Reilly and Glenn Beck, and the Taliban are at the top.

2. How do you flush the toilet in public?
With the magic of my mind. Or, my hand. Whichever works.

3. Do you wear your seatbelt in the car?
Yes. Always.

4. Do you have a crush on someone?
Alan Rickman and Helena Bonham Carter.

5. Name one thing you worry about running out of.
Refried beans. We must never, ever run out of refried beans.

6. What famous person do you (or other people) think you resemble?
I don't think I resemble anyone.

7. What is your favourite pizza topping?
Mushrooms.

8. Do you crack your knuckles?
No. My husband does, and it grosses me out.

9. What song do you hate the most?
That stupid Skater Boy song. Avril Levine, I think? Ugh. HATE IT.

10. Did just mentioning that song make it get stuck in your head?
Yes. Shit.

11. What are your super powers?
Sleeping late. Endless drop-spindling. Coffee drinking. Shopping online. Google-Fu. I can knit AND watch tv at the same time. Ignoring deadlines. Beer Snobbery. Farting in Bookstores.

12. Peppermint or spearmint?
Spearmint in gum, peppermint for anything else.

13. Where are your car keys?
Hanging on the key rack. I always hang them there, which is really my one consistent habit of organization.

14. Last song you listened to?
A Record Year For Rainfall by the Decemberists.

15. What's your most annoying habit?
Procrastination.

16. Where did you last go on vacation?
The Gulf Coast of Texas.

17. What is your best physical feature?
Probably my eyes.

18. What CD is closest to you right now?
Nada. Everything is on MP3.

19. What 3 things can always be found in your refrigerator?
Half and half, some form of cheese, and tortillas.

20. What superstition do you believe/practice?
I don't like to talk about really bad things happening to people I care about.

21. What colour are your bed sheets?
They are blue with telephones on them that have the words "pillow talk" coming out of the earpieces. They don't match anything, but they were 50 cents at the thrift store, so that makes up for it.

22. Would you rather be a fish or a bird?
A bird. I'd be an owl.

23. Last thing you broke?
I really don't remember. I'm not typically the one who breaks things in our family.

24. What are you having to eat tonight?
I don't know. My mom is cooking for us tonight.

25. What colour shirt are you wearing?
Grey sweatshirt. I stole it from Adam.

26. If you could be doing anything else today, what would you rather be doing?
I'd rather be at Rhinebeck.

27. Do security cameras make you nervous?
No.

28. If you wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?
I'm Not Who I Thought I Was: A Memoir.

29. Last time you went to a cemetery?
It's been a while, and that's good and bad. No one has died recently, but on the other hand, I love cemeteries.

30. Last concert you went to?
We saw Three Dog Night and REO Speedwagon at last year's rally.

31. Favourite musician(s)/bands you've seen in concert?
Smashmouth.

32. Next concert you're planning to attend?
I think Adam wants to go see the Trans Siberian Orchestra.

33. Do you talk to yourself?
Yes.

34. Have you ever adopted or purchased a pet?
Yes. Cats and kittens from the Humane Society.

35. Have you ever been present when an animal is being born?
Yes. It's messy.

2 comments:

  1. I like the picture at the end. Somebody obviously found a nice, soft place to rest. {SMILE}

    I hope the lack of substatial content is a good sign. {Smile}

    Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the photo, too. I don't know what it is about laying a blanket on the ground, but the cats think it's completely awesome.

    And, yeah. No news is good news.

    Hang in there, lady. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!